URL Encoder & Decoder Tool
What is URL (Uniform Resource Locator) encoding? URL Decoding? Well URL encoding is used in the query string or the URI (Uniform Resource Identifier). You only really want to use encoding on the special symbols. Below is a search tool to find some of the symbols. Also below is a converter for you to get your URL encoded or decoded. More About URL encoding and decoding below the tools.
Sometimes I need to just find one value and have to go to the search engine and search for online url encoder / decoder. But none of the tools I have found feature a search function. So I took my tool a step further and added a search function. You can search both ways for the encoded string. Or if you know the decoded string but and need to know the character that it equals. This will search either way!
Search Encoding & Decoding
Encoding & Decoding
This example is would cause errors or maybe this is the way you want this one to work. var1 would == "http://www.image-maps.com/?var=1" and var2 would be part of the main URL and not the variable URL.
- example1.php?var1=http://www.image-maps.com/?var=1&var2=1 [test]
This example var1 == "http%3A%2F%2Fwww.image-maps.com%2F%3Fvar%3D1%26var2%3D1". So you get 1 variable with the main URL and 2 variables with the variable URL. So you can now visually see the differences between the two examples.
- example1.php?var1=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.image-maps.com%2F%3Fvar%3D1%26var2%3D1 [test]
Now it's up to you to decide which outcome you would like to see.
Programming languages examples
- Encode: urlencode($urlToEncode)
- Decode: urldecode($urlToDecode)
- Encode: URLEncodedFormat(urlToEncode)
- Decode: URLDecode(urlToDecode)
- Encode: encodeURIComponent(urlToEncode)
- Decode: decodeURIComponent(urlToDecode)
- Encode: Server.URLEncode(urlToEncode)
- Decode: Does not have one